Sunday 21 October 2012

OUGD403: Alphabet soup. Putting your typeface into context.

In response to the group crits we had on friday we were asked to put our typefaces into context, which had to be off a smaller scale. 
i have decided to test the scale of my typeface, which I thought would only be legible on a large scale by applying it to a business card sized publication. I have chosen to use my typeface in the context of branding as due to its nature I thought it would look appropriate to identify that of a hair salon.
I will adapt my typeface to a business card size publication via the use of smaller pen with a smaller nib weight such as 0.1 for strands of hair and 0.3 for letterform outline. I will also employ the use of illustration that I find is on the same semantic level, such as scissors or a mannequin head. This is my design below. 

Although the piece I have done below is not of business card dimensions, When minimised in size the text still reads as legible. Although to further improve its legibility I think it would look better digitalised.
Business card dimensions: 8.5 cm x 5.5 cm.
Below piece original dimensions: 17 cm x 11 cm.






No comments:

Post a Comment