Tuesday 26 February 2013

OUGD404: Week 2 page layout experiments.


Double page spread, with an emphasis on the vertical. The margins are: top- 5p0, bottom 8p0, left 4p0 and right 3p0. I do like this layout however I think I may prefer it with more emphasis on the horizontal. I enjoy how only the left side of the left page is used making the layout look less cluttered and more readable, also accentuating the photo on the mirroring side. 


Although I thought I would have preferred this layout where their is an emphasis on the horizontal, I do in fact first the first layout I created as I feel it had more of a controlled structure. 



Layout that brings focus to the centre of the page, margins are same as above for single page, although I did not prefer the total use of horizontal above, I think the layout works well on this single page. I also like the use of type layout I have been using, that makes all my type sections appear in a perfect square or rectangle.


Considering layouts for a book etc. Creating text boxes with a custom shape to work fluidly with the picture. I like how the use of text almost acts as a mirror image of the picture, creating a balance. 


No comments:

Post a Comment