Wednesday 23 October 2013

OUGD504: Design for print - Design development

My Survey.

Below are the 5 questions I wrote to conduct my survey, and gain more information from my target audience:

1. When you have completed Inductions at LCA do you remember everything or do you often need reminding what to do?

2. Do you feel like you are easily able/comfortable to ask for help in the print rooms or do you try to just figure it out yourself?

3. Which print processes do you find it hardest to remember?

4. What print processes have you been most excited to try?

5. How do you best take in information?

I thought that this set of 5 questions would give me the information I felt I needed to develop my ideas further. The survey's answers would give me some intel on whether my target audience would actually need the publication I was pitching to make. Intelligence on what print processes are most popular and I should definitely include in my book, and a possible tone of voice, helping me decipher what would be the best tone of voice for my audience to remember what they had read.  

Results of my Survey.

I sent this survey to the whole of the course and from this I received 8 replies within 4 hours. I feel like this is enough research to base my final concept upon, however If I receive a lot more replies at a later date that drastically change my results, Then I will factor these into my development. 

From the 8 people that replied to the survey I found that:

1. 100% of people feel that they need reminding of what to do after they have had inductions in the print facilities. I feel this information has informed me that I am able to address my audiences needs. 

2. 50% of the people who answered don't feel comfortable enough to ask the print technicians for help. A further 25% of people said they felt uncomfortable asking for help at the Blenheim print rooms. 

3. The hardest print processes to remember in order of Hardest to easiest. 
1. Screen printing. 
2. Letterpress.
3. Mono print - foil block - Laser cut.



4.  The print processes people were most excited to try in order of most excited to least excited were:
1. Screen printing. 
2. Embossing - Foiling - Flocking. 
3. Laser printing - Laser cutting.
4. Letterpress.
5. Inkjet print - Lino print - Mono print. 




5. People best take in information through light hearted instruction, however a 100% informal tone of voice and serious instruction weren't far behind. 




No comments:

Post a Comment