Friday 8 November 2013

OUGD504: Design for print - Design Development.

Following on from the initial design sketches of how I would like my pages within my book to be laid out, I have further sketched out a series of illustrations. These illustrations will serve as indicators to what ingredients (tools) students will need in order to successfully complete each design process. The illustrations serve as a visual indicator as to what some materials/tools look like if a student has forgotten. Instead of doing this for the coupes of pieces of equipment they may have forgotten about (The design of the book may look unbalanced with only a couple of illustrations on a couple of pages) I decided to create a fully functioning set of illustrations. Once I have finished drawing up the designs in pencil, and then fine liner, I will Image trace them all into illustrator, where I will hold them ready to be placed into the page format on an in design document.

Below are my sets of illustrations:








Here are what the illustrations look like once they have been transferred into illustrator and traced:

And below added to the page format:








No comments:

Post a Comment