Monday 11 November 2013

OUGD504: Design for print - Studio brief 1: Instructions.

Design for print.
Studio brief one - Instructions.


After I had attended all the print inductions/workshops available, (unfortunately the letter press work shop is not back up and running until after christmas) I started to write out the instructions of how to complete each print process. In the instructions I included information seen in classic recipes such as how to make the print, how long it would take and the ingredients needed, as well as extra information such as, costs that need to be considered, where the print process is available to do and a tip to follow which may come in useful and deem what will be a successful or unsuccessful print. 
As I have said before, In my second group crit I was given feedback on the tone of voice I should use, I found this feedback to be vital as when I had originally asked my audience it was 50/50 between the choice of extreme light hearted writing with a comic undertone or 100% serious instruction. I learned from the crit that my audience would prefer me to write in a range of simple instructions which were, well as they are called instructive. With this in mind I wrote a series of instructions:


No comments:

Post a Comment