Saturday 4 January 2014

OUGD504: Design for print a web/ studio brief 3 - Packaging labels.

Today I began designing the labels which I would stick on the packaging in order to indicate to the customer:

- What food they are purchasing.
- Main ingredients in the product.
- Which country it originates from.
- How much it costs.
- When It should be eaten before.



When sketching ideas I had the vision to make these stickers/labels look like flight tickets to further follow the theme of travel. In order to gain a better understanding of how to represent this information, I started looking at a number of different flight tickets so I could analyse where each piece of information needed to be for authenticity.












Below is the sticker/label design I have created that I would apply to any food items including starters, main courses and puddings, changing obvious elements such as the name of the food, the price and where the food originates from. Simple stickers such as these could be set up to print on site daily, much like when labels are printed at the fresh deli desks in supermarkets. 

I will print out a total of six examples, 2 boxed main courses/starters, 2 wraps/sandwhiches and 2 puddings to show how the sticky labels would be applied to the packaging. 








For sandwhiches and wrapped up puddings the label will be stuck on top of the previous wrapper design I made.


For foods that will be required to be put into a tub (pastas, paella,strudel) I will cover the lid with the above pattern and place the sticker in the centre, using the marks on the box as a guide. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment