Tuesday 7 January 2014

OUGD504: Print and web/studio brief 3 - Stamps.

Another design concept I had, that proved not so much to help the canteen function, but furthered the overall brand and customer experience was to create stamps, much like those you get when going through immigration into different countries and stamp them onto food bags. 

At the eatery, customers will receive their food in boxes, which also adds to the theme of casual eating. These boxes will be placed into bags in which food would be brought to the tables. 
I thought it would be a great personal touch to stamp these bags with a design that ressembles those of the stamps you collect when crossing borders. There would be 5 different stamp designs, one allocated to each of the different countries which you are able to get food from at full stop. 



For example, If a customer were to purchase the meat feast calzone, followed by a portion of the churros with chocolate dip, the food would be taken to the table and the relevant box and bag sizes, which would then be stamped with the countries which the food has 'originated' from, thus pursuing the idea that customers have already in fact travelled before they even step foot on a plane.

Passport stamps:







As the stamp designs printed in passports are not always perfect as evidenced above, I think that the best way to achieve this effect would be through screen printing. However for easy access at till points, It would be obvious in industry to have 5 stamps made, and a red ink bed at till points for easy and convinient stamping. However as I am not able to do this, I will have to screen print them for example. As my colour theme is black and red, I find that to allow the stamps to look authentic, as mostly printed in red when in context, they should also be printed this colour within my project.

I started with a stamp design quite similar to some seen above:


Some immigration stamps seen are very similar and so I used the same design twice but changed the information to match the change in country.


I then moved on to using a different shape and motif as I did not want the whole collection to be too similar. however I have kept the dotted border to allow some kind of collection and consistency. 

I also changed the information within the design from 'Access accepted' to 'Arrived *insert country* Immigration.  

Again I have changed the shape, and the dotted border for a constant line, however using the same information as the previous design and font through out for similarity. 




No comments:

Post a Comment