Thursday 12 December 2013

OUGD504: Design for web/studio brief 2 - Final Crit for web.

Today we had our final crits for the web session, and although I had not completely finished my website, the only page I had left to code was the contact us page, therefore I was hoping to get some quite good feedback.

We were asked to leave some questions with our work about things we wanted feedback on:

I left the following questions/ subject matter regarding feedback:

1. Who do you think the website is aimed at?

2. As the website is promotional do you think photographs need to be used, or are the illustrations enough on their own?

3. Is it easy to navigate around?

4. Would you want to go their with your friends?


The feedback I received:

Contact page could do with more info.
Menu combinations chart is very nice however there are no prices for specials.

_______________________________________________________________

1) Women who want a healthy and tasty treat.

2) I think the illustrations are a nice touch and are not cliche compared to companies similar to this.

3) Slider works well. 

4) Easy to navigate around although not sure what the point of the contact page is, maybe make it an ordering page?

5) Yes, sounds tasty. 

_______________________________________________________________

1) I think the site works well as a promotional tool, I like the fixed menu at the top, site navigation is pretty easy.

2) Although it is not necessary and hard to do, an interactive element with the menu would be a good feature where you could design and pick your own flavours. 

_______________________________________________________________

1) Aimed at people watching their weight. 

2) Photographs would show what the yoghurt looks like and this is needed to sell the product. Although the illustrations work really well on their own.  Maybe consider putting a photograph on just one of the pages, with a blank white background. 

3) Simple and easy to navigate around, this works well, change the images on the slider as the first and third are the same. 

4) Maybe the contact us page should have a form, where people can contact the store, as at the moment it has no information on it. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

I was very impressed with the range of feedback that I got from my peers, most of the feedback I found was about the lack of information on the contact us page, however this is because I hadn't had enough time to design it before the crit. 
I will however as one of my peers suggested, be putting a contact form on this page, as well as a map, a search and scroll menu, with details such as phone numbers, addresses and opening times. 

Another piece of feedback that was also valuable to me was who they thought the audience was, my target audience was, students, the health conscious, with a emphasis on women because they are into health food more than men. However neither of the people who commented on my audience question thought that students were also an audience. To combat this I designed an image to put into my slider what would attract younger people to visit Frurt with friends. I also realise that healthier foods are normally more expensive and this would cause students to stay away, however I decided to incorporate the idea of reducing the price, and visiting the store with friends into the slider image. 



I also designed the contact us page since the crit, and this can now be seen below:


I have also now made sure that all 3 of my homepage slider images are different. 

Although an interactive element to the site could be very innovative, I do not have the capacity of knowledge to do such a thing. Also, I think including this tool, so that users would have the ability to make combinations of froyo, wouldn't be appropriate for the user of my audience and would make the website seem younger than it is. This is unless, people would be able to tally up how much they would spend on their favourite combination, or how many calories it would include. However I would have no clue where to start with an element so complex.





No comments:

Post a Comment