Tuesday 3 December 2013

OUGD504: Design for print - Book skeleton plan.

Today I decided to cement in my mind and physically what pages/ how many pages I would have in my book in order to start creating a book skeleton. 

I began to create a list of what pages I would need to include,
this consisting of instruction pages, process example pages and any introduction pages. 

Thorough list of pages to include:

- Introduction page. 
- Blank back. 
- Contents page.
- Blank back. 
- Lino print recipe.
- Lino print recipe back. 
- Lino print example. 
- Blank back. 
- Monoprint recipe. 
- Monoprint recipe back.
- Monoprint example. 
- Blank back. 
- Screenprint recipe.
- Screenprint recipe back. 
- Screen print example. 
- Blank back. 
- Foil recipe. 
- Foil recipe back.
- Foil example. 
- Blank back.
- Flock recipe. 
- Flock recipe back. 
- Flock example. 
- Blank back.
- Lasercut recipe. 
- Lasercut recipe back.
- Lasercut example. 
- Blank back.
- Emboss recipe. 
- Emboss recipe back. 
- Emboss example. 
- Blank back. 

I began to think of any other pages that my users may need. Something I thought of was including notes pages, therefore if there is anything my users feel I have missed out they can make a note of it in the back, for their own future reference, if it is their own copy. However if they are using a copy for lending from the library, it also may be useful for all students borrowing the book to have the advice or tips and tricks from other students. 
Another page that I felt would be a necessity is a material costs page, on each of my recipes I talk about the costs that people need to consider. However I do not mention the prices of these. Therefore making a page where I include the prices of any costs I reference to on the recipe pages would be useful for students before they enter the print rooms. 

Extra pages include:
- Material costs page.
- 1st Notes page. 
- 2nd notes page. 
- 3rd notes page. 
- 4th notes page. 
- Blank page. 

This means that there will be a total of:
37 pages. 
7 with the same consistent grid (instructions 1st page)
7 with the same grid (instructions 2nd page)
10 blank pages. 
7 pages without grids (process pages)
- This pages can not have a cemented grid as the alignment of them depends upon the accuracy of the screen print, or positioning of the lino against the paper etc. 
1 page with an individual grid (Material costs)
4 pages with same grid (notes pages)
I will therefore have to create 5 different types of grids for all of the pages. 





No comments:

Post a Comment